VCursor Changes Locking Type

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 27 08:31:40 CDT 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 4:33 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/27/06 12:30 PM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> What could cause a VCursor to go from a ReadWrite to a ReadOnly?
>
> Existing cursor cannot do such switch.
>
>> Using the DebugLevel logging, the error I'm experiencing with that
>> non-fatal VException is that the VCursor has become ReadOnly. I
>> cannot find anyplace where I've made a call to a ReadOnly SQLSelect.
>>
>> Is there a simple way to reset it to ReadWrite?
>
> You must self set ReadWrite in SqlSelect()
>
> BUT note, not each cursor can be ReadWrite.
> Only Single Table cursor can be ReadWrite.
>
> If you have JOIN, then cursor will be ALWAYS Read only

Seems like we're back to that problem I encountered earlier, the call
is not generating a ReadWrite VCursor. Instead it results in a
ReadOnly VCursor.

Here's the call....

   thisCursor = App.tDatabase.SQLSelect(sqlString,
EVCursorLocation.kClientSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom)

Where:

sqlString = "SELECT recID, * FROM tbl_test"

Is there anything you can see wrong with it?

Regards,

Chuck