Void on mac, empty string on win

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Fri Jun 23 00:25:39 CDT 2006

> Can it be that Director show in different ways VOID value?

Maybe, as it seems to be able to put <NULL> in the message window,
which is not documented anywhere.

> Or another possible reason - bug in TEXT field, which return empty string
> instead of NULL...

In this case, the value in database should not be NULL since I create
the record with an empty string.

I verified in vstudio that the same lingo insertion code (which
provides my text field with an empty string) creates a record with an
empty string on windows and a record with a NULL value on mac.

> ---------------
> Query:
>        select * from MediaItem WHERE mediaData is NULL
>
> Returns your record ?

Yes if it is created without specifying a value (correct) or if it is
created on mac, even with an initial empty string (which is not
correct).

So the bug could be resumed as:
On Macintosh, a record insertion with an empty string stores a NULL
value in a text field instead of an empty string.

> Have you download Valentina Studio ?

Yes, on windows.

Pierre Rossel