Void on mac, empty string on win

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 22 23:42:01 CDT 2006

On 6/22/06 11:05 PM, "Pierre Rossel" <prossel2 at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Using V4MD 1.11 on XP and OS X. I use the following code to add a record,
> with #mediaData: "" to avoid null value in a #Text field (not nullable,
> indexed by words, ASCII, segment 128).
>
>   curMediaItems = db.Query("SELECT RecID, * FROM MediaItem WHERE RecID=0",
> [#LockType: #ReadWrite, #Direction: #Random])
>   bRet = curMediaItems.AddRecord([#MediaFolderPtr: iMediaFolderId, #name:
> sName, #mediaType: 1, #mediaData: "", #comments: ""])
>
> Later, this code is used to load the data:
>
>   curItem = db.Query("SELECT * FROM MediaItem WHERE RecID=" &
> p_iMediaItemId)
>   p_lstData = curItem.GetRecordAsPropList()
>
> On windows, I get a prop list with an empty string for #mediaData: ""
>
> On mac, I get a void value for #mediaData.
>
> Why this difference ?

No idea...
but I think that code of V4MD is the same..
Can it be that Director show in different ways VOID value?

Or another possible reason - bug in TEXT field, which return empty string
instead of NULL...

Query:
        select * from MediaItem WHERE mediaData is NULL

Returns your record ?

Have you download Valentina Studio ?
It can show db on mac and windows in GUI