REVOLUTION - trouble with pictures. Help please.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 31 18:44:35 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06 6:28 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2006, at 7:37 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>
>> We do simplest script with 2 lines that must via variable copy picture
>>
>>   put the imageData of image "pic" into dataPic
>>   put dataPic into imageData of image "pic2"
>>
>> Nothing happens.
>>
>> Anybody see what is wrong ?
>
> set the imageData of imgage "pic2" to dataPic

Thank you, Trevor,
Kirill, try this syntax.

Trevor, our above syntax is not correct?
It seems the same logic and Revolution do not complain.

> FYI - "imageData" is the visual representation of the image on
> screen.  The "text" of an image is the actual image format data (png,
> jpeg, etc.).  You probably want to store the image format data as
> opposed to the imageData.

We do not store format of picture. We just store JPG or TIFF itself and all
other ADKs. Because it is possible recognize type of picture by its data.

Trevor, also we do not see in Revolution Examples any example that show work
of picture via RevDB. Does exists such example?

In fact I have many questions about this :-)

E.g. Do you use *b in real life?
you send pictures into RevDB using *b ?
Just I am not sure how then to recognize format of picture...

Well, for now we need make working Valentina Native API.

--------
We plan next syntax:

    set the imageData of imgage "pic2" to dataPic
    Picture_Set( fldRef, "dataPic" )

In v 1.x was similar code but picture have go just into BLOB field:

    set the imageData of imgage "pic2" to dataPic
    Binary_WriteData( fldRef, "dataPic" )

It is not good write into BLOB, because such pictures will not work in other
Valentina ADKs. Must be Picture column type...

About BLOBs.

Does for Revolution developers have any sense and if they have such ability
in revolution itself prepare some binary data and store them into BLOB
column?

    set SOMETHING BINARY to data
    BLOB_WriteData( fldRef, "data" )