SQL Question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 24 02:08:47 CDT 2006

On 7/24/06 2:03 AM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:

>> No.
>>
>> Because different kinds of queries return different kinds of cursors
>> "internally".
>
> So, when they invented SQL they forgot how to simplify things and
> therefore, we have to deal with an additional layer of complexity

You need remember that SQL was invented first of all for access to
    REMOTE and MULTI-USER database.

You can do SELECT on table with Million records,
To server which is on other side of planet.

But you do not get this million, you get only e.. First N (20).
So much more effective do one more SELECT and send you next 20 records that
are fist in new order.