Stan, I have found interesting solution for you.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 17 15:11:27 CDT 2006

On 7/17/06 3:04 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> It would be great if we could change the '-' and '_' behavior as it
> will fix my problem. Queries are now instantaneous as before. When
> you launch the application the window is displayed in less than one
> second with all calculations done. However we have the '-' and '_'
> problem.
>
> I would use Binary Link but right now I am more interested in
> releasing the version as since last december it hasn't been possible,
> I run from problems to problems... Binary link is good but it means I
> have to again postpone release and rewrite a dozen of functions
> (likely more). Using the 10 booleans rather than the status string is
> good as well but it also means modifying a lot of functions, the
> schema, another scheme update, conversion of the DB...etc...
>
> Fixing the '-' and '_' problem right now will allow me to release and
> then start working on new design. Is there a possibility?

No, we cannot give you this easy, and I even not sure we will do this
ever...

ICU allow this, but API looks not easy...

So only way -- you SELF need JUST remove that characters when you STORE
names into field. This must be easy, and as I see this not break any logic.

And you can easy update EXISTED dbs on open