[ALL] Second project... v2 is obscured?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 15 15:17:18 CDT 2006

On 7/15/06 2:56 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> Yes, my apps have dozens of Schema updates, I use your same approach.
> It is clean and efficient.

Very good.

> I only have doubts sometimes on the  correct line of code to achieve a given
> change. V2 is way way way way  more complex than V1, it is son complex and
> user-unfriendly I would  say it is obscure...

> I think it is good to add features but  maintaining things simple or very well
> documented, not the case here.

Wow. User-unfriendly ???

I'd like discuss this issue as much as possible please.
I'd like to hear WHAT is complex and WHAT is obscure ?

If you keep silent we don't know that you have problems.
So PLEASE DO COMPLAIN! :-)

Note, I CC this to Valentina list to get opinions and complains of as many
developers as possible.

We believe that we develop Valentina Classes and API in VERY NATURAL way.
You expected something? You have it.

About flag Indexed.

V2 use 100% the same way to make field to be indexed:

    fld.Indexed = true.

Where problems?

Also v2 allow set flag via SQL's ALTER TABLE,
but it is more complex way in fact.

Many DBS even do not support in ALTER TABLE
so many functions as Valentina do.