[ALL] Second project... SOLVED -- how to use EXPLAIN !

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 15 14:24:53 CDT 2006

On 7/15/06 2:00 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will try that. The class has been updated. I guess The line:
>
> vdb.Table("tblArticle").Field("Article_Newsgroups").IsIndexed = True
>
> is enough to update schema , right?

In ideal

You should have your classes to be CORRECT.

    CreateVarChar(    ........,    fIndexByWords + fIndexed )

Right ?

To correct this, you need in general you need code as:

Func MyDbOpen

    dim db as MyDatabase

    UpgradeSchemaIfNedded()

    db = new MyDatabase
    db.Open

end

Func UpgradeSchemaIfNedded

    dim db as Vdatabase

    db = new Vdatabase
    db.Open()

     db.Table("tblArticle").Field("Article_Newsgroups").IsIndexed = True

    db.Close()

end

In THIS case your can even skip db.SchemaVersion update.
Although It is good idea to build this mechanism into app.

In any case sooner or later you do updates of schema I think.

Jon (jda) is big expert on Schema updates