getMedia

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 8 22:15:31 CDT 2006

On 7/8/06 9:39 PM, "Michael Bedar" <mike at bedar.net> wrote:

> What i was trying to do is store a large number of audio files in my
> database.. i've been wrestling with the best way to handle this, and
> I was hoping to store them right along with the rest of my data..
> there are 1000's of audio files, hence 1000's of calls to
> "setMedia".  Am i missing something?

So you did have

Loop
{
    setMedia
}

Hmm, this should not crash, never...
Sounds like really exists some bug..may be related to some leak.

It is good that you have found workaround..

> I thought I had everything working- the audio was being stored in the
> DB, and I was playing it back perfectly on my Mac, BUT then when i
> brought the project over to the PC, no audio will play, so I am back
> to square one.

Actually its Macromedia problem correctly read media data...

Well, if it is not a problem, please prepare for us project - folder
With .dir, one audio file...I will test it on MAC, then we move it to PC.

Aha, question. If create db on PC from start, does it work on PC ?