[V4RB] GoToRecID(xx)

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 21:08:18 CDT 2006

I am not understanding Ruslan's shorthand in the documentation
regarding the new syntax (in Valentina 2) for "GoToRecID
(xx)" (Valentina version 1). I use a cursor to find a certain record,
and then I need to walk down the RECID of that table.

The help file says:

        If RecordExists(myRec) then
            RecID = inRec
        end if

In my application, the database is mTagged and the table is
tblTagged. So I find the record in the cursor (named "curExport") and
then do the following:

   Dim tRecID as Integer
   Dim r as Boolean

   tRecID = val(curExport.FIELD("RECID").GetString)
   r = mTagged.tblTagged.RecordExists( RecID )
   if r = false then
     msgbox "Could not locate the RecID."
   else

     //???????

   end if

I guess my question is, if this is right so far, what do I write into
the //??????? to actually go to that specific record in the table?

Thanks.

Bill