share a database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 5 13:03:42 CDT 2006

On 7/5/06 12:10 PM, "sylvain.perque at ac-reims.fr"
<sylvain.perque at ac-reims.fr> wrote:

Sylvain,

But you cannot control how to open db.

In prev letter I point:
    IF you set flag -- then you make db READ ONLY.

If there is no such flag, then Valentina open db ALWAYS exclusive.
So other users will simply fail open it on Windows and OS 9.

* BUT OS X do allow open that file again. This is FEATURE of OS X.
* On OS X you need self create any empty file in the same fodler as db.
    and write code which check IF this file present before try open db.
    This is recommendation from Apple.