[V4Rb] Checking for server timeout

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jan 22 11:54:50 CST 2006

On 1/22/06 12:32 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

Hi Charles,

> When connecting to a remote database, does VDatabase.IsOpen return
> false if the connection to the server has timed out due to inactivity?

Not sure, but I think yes, because

    * Server have close connection for non-active client
        e.g. 5 minutes later.

    * client become aware about problem on its next attempt touch socket
        so e.g. 30 minutes later. Any first command client execute
        will throw error.

Charles, Vserver class, as I remember, have property

    Vserver.ConnectionAlive

About isOpen() not remember exactly now.