[V4Rb] VServer and VBlob field

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Feb 24 12:39:31 CST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 7:25 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 2/24/06 4:47 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>> Are there known problems with VBlob fields and cursors and VServer
>> 2.1?
>>   I'm seeing some, and I am limited in my debugging by the lack of a
>> working version of VStudio.
>
> Can you give more detailed.
>
> If look into Mantis I do not see reports about Vserver + BLOB.

Here's the problem I am seeing.  After calling WriteData, I immediately
call ReadData, which returns the string just written.  After calling
VCursor.Update, I build a new cursor.  Now ReadData returns "" --  for
most records.  For records that had data written to them using V4Rb
2.0, WriteData and VCursor.Update does modify the data, but I cannot
read it later with a cursor generated by a query of the form "SELECT
recID, * ..."  I can read that data with a query of the form "SELECT
fieldName..."", though.

Furthermore, the VBlob field I created with segment size 128 appears to
actually have segment size 1024 when i look at the field object in the
debugger.  Also, IsNull = true and IsNullable = true, despite the claim
in the documentation that VBlob fields are not nullable.