[V4RB2] Convert_v1_v2 problem

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 13:32:35 CST 2006

Hi,

Do you think that should be object for a feature request? I mean the
possibility to use a flag when changing the type of a field in order
to keep the data it already contains? It would be really handy in
cases like mine where the new type is same size or when new type is
bigger. Doest it make sense? That would allow to correct design
problems or to update a type to a bigger one. Do you think it is
possible to implement? I guess you can do that in 4D or am I
dreaming? I am worried about the fact a design problem has no
solution and you have almost 10k people using your software :(

~/Stan