[V4RB2] Convert_v1_v2 problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 23 20:27:26 CST 2006

On 2/23/06 7:25 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> Convert_v1_v2 function doesn't really convert, it creates a new
> database. Ok.
>
> But, I think deleted records should be converted as well. Why?

Not agree.

> What if I have created a field in my table to store the record number
> and then have access to it using it? If I delete records, it doesn't
> matter, existing records 'myrec' field still contain the right value.

If you have store Table.RecordNumber  then it is correct.

IF you have store table.PhysicalRecordCount -- this is WRONG.
You cannot do any assumption about physical way of record storage.

> However, if you convert a v1 file to v2 format, all those deleted
> records are not copied so BOOM you end up with records where your
> special 'myrec' field is no longer pointing to itself but somewhere
> else!

IF you talk about ObjectPtr fields, then Valentina self correct values,
So they point to CORRECT new values.