List of differences between V2 ADK and V1 SDK

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Sun Feb 19 13:40:59 CST 2006

Hello,

I noticed on the "Building Desktop Solutions with Valentina 2" page at
http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/developer/adk

that there is a link saying:
  "Are you a Valentina 1.x developer and want to know what’s new in
Valentina 2? Click here."
which leads to a page entitled "Valentina 1.11 Database SDK" at
http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/developer/adk/V1X

which contains information about the V1.11 SDK but seems to have NO
information about what is new
in Valentina 2 ADK for Valentina 1 SDK developers.

Am I missing something?

My main question is mainly about multi-threading. In V1.x one had to
be sure to lock the entire
database engine to ensure that there was only one thread accessing
the Valentina engine at once.

I am assuming (from reading the V2 docs) that this is no longer true,
since there seems to be a
much more advanced locking system in place (which is well documented).

I do want to know all the information that was supposed to be on that
"What's new in V2" page,
but the answer to the multi-threading question would suffice for now.

- Matthew