V4MD ver 2 make run from CD?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 17 19:17:14 CST 2006

On 2/17/06 6:31 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 2/17/06 5:50 PM, "Wilk, Steve" <SWILK at ags.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>
>>             I have a Director app that uses a Valentina database, it all
>> works fine on the hard drive, throws error: ERR_DYNAMIC_SQL_ERROR() when
>> run from CD. The error seems to be coming from cursor.sqlSelect
>> statement. I believe it is because the index file (ind) is being written
>> to. What options to I need to set for this to work from a CD? This CD
>> will run on both Windows and Mac machines.
>
> It should work without problems from CD.
>
> I remember about 3-4 weeks ago on this list somebody else have describe the
> same problem. Do not remember how he have fix it. It seems reinstall V4MD.
>
> Please check list archive.

I have try search archive on ERR_DYNAMIC_SQL_ERROR self, no such letters.

Steve, you can try set ReadOnly flag for all db files while they are on HDD.

Let me know please your V4MD version, host OS, ..

Note, when db runs from CD and it needs write some tmp files or even create
new indexed it do this into HDD/temp folder