win xp RB2006r1 V4RB 2.1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 17 19:11:43 CST 2006

On 2/17/06 7:04 PM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Anna,

> Okay - I think I've figured it out, but I have a problem with it.
>
> I think what is happening is that when I import Criteria.txt to Criteria table
> - the second column is SubjectId and is an objectptr.  In MS Access (where I
> am exporting from) the subjectId can range from 1 to over 200.  Since there
> are only 55 records in my Subject table in Valentina, any criteria with a
> subject id over 55 is not imported.
>
> This is a problem.
>
> What I have always done in the past, is import the file(s) and then adjust the
> object pointers.  There must have been a change at your end, because I'm using
> the same code.  Do you have any suggestions?

Yes we have made ObjectPtrs more strict.

Actually it is anger way import RecIDs and ObjectPTRs.

The most safe way is:

- you export from Acccess. IT have T1.ID and T2.ptr
    right

- in Valentina db before import you make similar TMP fields.
    no you import records, so you have RDB link between them

- now you can use CONVERT RDB LINK as SQL command
    or VObjectPtr.ConvertRdbLink()

    Hmm, this works fine if your convert the whole table.
    Ivan, it is good idea add support of this for some selection
    of records..

    well, at last of end it is possible adjust ObjectPtrs using
    own algorithm

- after you have adjust ObjectPtrs using that ID + PTR
    you can drop that tmp fields.