Network Version of Valentina

Don Toro don at thinkingpublications.com
Fri Feb 10 15:34:09 CST 2006

Is there a way to preserve the RecIDs? One of my tables has a list of words. Now if the RecIDs of the records of the Words table change after the coversion from V1 to V2 that represent a problems. The user will be able to export data from the V1 database into the V2 database and vice-a-verca. When the user imports the data than the ObjectPtr will point to the wrong record in the Words table. The only way to get around this would be to keep my own ID which would be a problem this late in the game as it will require a change in the structure of the database. It would also require me to re-write parts of the program.

What if I use VStudio to dump the data into a xml file and then re-import the data to create a copy of database in V1 format and a copy in V2 format, will the RecIDs match then?

Thanks.

Donard Toro
Information Manager/Computer Programmer
Thinking Publications, a division of
McKinley Companies, Inc.
424 Galloway Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Phone: 1.800.225.4769 (US) & 1.715.832.2488
Fax: 1.800.828.8885 (US) & 1.715.832.9082
www.ThinkingPublications.com
COMMUNICATION SOLUTIONS THAT CHANGE LIVES
Specializing in resources for individuals
with speaking, listening, reading, writing, and thinking skill deficits