Problems with first attempt to convert major project

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Wed Feb 1 18:09:55 CST 2006

1 feb 2006 kl. 17.30 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 2/1/06 4:28 PM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:
>
>> Trashing al prefs and restarting my computer solved the problem.
>> VStudio is
>> now able to start, connect to the server.
>
> Excellent. So one more problem solved.
>
>> But when trying to open my converted db it crashes :-(
>
> So you have db 1.x
>
> You have convert it to 2.x using Vstudio or else.

Already done.

> Now please try open this db 2.x in the Vstudio or in V4RB/Examples/
> viSQL.
> Do not touch Vserver for now.
>
> If Vstudio can open db, then Vserver also must be able.

VServer opens the db fine. VStudio crashes when I click on the db in
the browser (when connected to VServer)

> If Vstudio  or visQL also crash then this means some problems in
> Convert_1_2
>
> Make diagnose of your 1.x db. May be some problems there.
> Try todo xml dump/load of 1.x db BEFORE covert

Will try that.

> Also I recommend first of concentrate of updating of your RB code.
> Make new fresh db with v2 and test on it, when this will work then
> only
> there is sense convert db

Most of my code seems to work (and I have *lots* of data in my db,
needed to be converted). But I hear your advice and will have that in
mind tomorrow.

Thank you so far.