Problems with first attempt to convert major project

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 1 18:30:12 CST 2006

On 2/1/06 4:28 PM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:

> Trashing al prefs and restarting my computer solved the problem. VStudio is
> now able to start, connect to the server.

Excellent. So one more problem solved.

> But when trying to open my converted db it crashes :-(

So you have db 1.x

You have convert it to 2.x using Vstudio or else.

Now please try open this db 2.x in the Vstudio or in V4RB/Examples/viSQL.
Do not touch Vserver for now.

If Vstudio can open db, then Vserver also must be able.

If Vstudio  or visQL also crash then this means some problems in Convert_1_2

Make diagnose of your 1.x db. May be some problems there.
Try todo xml dump/load of 1.x db BEFORE covert

Also I recommend first of concentrate of updating of your RB code.
Make new fresh db with v2 and test on it, when this will work then only
there is sense convert db