benchmark

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed Dec 13 15:10:38 CST 2006

Oh 1 final question on this with links,

Is there any defference in performance between the 2 ways below, both is
ObjectPtr

This:
Dim lnk As VLink

Set lnk = mChartDB.Link(lnkGroupId)
Set ChartSet = lnk.FindLinked(GrpID, tGroups, tCharts)

Or this

Set ChartSet = fPtrGroup.FindValue(GrpID)

Obvious in last only 1 line needed to return same thing, acting direct on
the ObjectPtr field, so teoretically it seem faster, but why I then need
links? Is there any situation I can't use this last way or do use of acting
on link give better performans? Yes with link I can find in other direction
from M -> 1 but it's just that?

Sorry for all questions but I want my app be the best and to say "Boosted by
Valentina DB Engine"! ;-)

/Joakim