benchmark

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed Dec 13 11:27:10 CST 2006

Well usual way,

I have originally created in VStudio db, 2 tables "tGroups", "tCharts". Db
also have other tables but they are not used her or connected with these
tables in any way.

tGroup has 1 VarChar field only, tCharts has many fields (3 VarChar, 3
DateTime, several Byte and Short)

I made Binary link 1:M between above.

I Add 2 Records into tGroups in VStudio. I have then (as I don't trust
Vstudio here due to crashes) in code created a XML Dump of this.

When I run app I check if DB exist, if not (always first time) I create it
from Dump.

Now in my app I add 1 records to tCharts, variables below not Dim are Global
defied elsewere

Sub SaveChart(ByVal nGroup As Long)
Dim lnk     As VLink2
Dim nChart As Long

Set lnk = db.Link("lnkGroupChart")

With tCharts
.SetBlank forAdd
'setting values to fields here
nChart = .AddRecord
End With

lnk.LinkRecords nGroup, nChart

Later when calling this

Dim objVSet as Vset

Set objVSet = lnk.FindLinked(nGroup, tGroups, tCharts)

Result of objVSet.Count is 3

A note, I have other db with Binary link and records and these show correct
BUT these records was added earlier and recreated with dump as above (whole
db). I have not tested that part of my app yet, adding records from code.

/Joakim