Problems init Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Dec 10 12:28:52 CST 2006

On 12/10/06 9:24 AM, "Ivan Smahin" <ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

Hi Joakim
Hi Ivn,

>> Well it's a question of taste I think, System32 IS the by MS recomeded
>> folder, if you can't put in app folder, and I cannot. I have 4-5 programs
>> that will use Valentina in the end, if it was small dll's yes but not this
>> big load X 5, that's not a good practice.
>
> Well, what is the good practise?

I think the most professional way is:

* you install folder

        /Program Files/Astrocalc

* here you install VComponents as is
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/VComponents_win_vc

* you set PATH to this folder:
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/VComponents_win_vc

* And now you install your FIVE apps here also:
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/VComponents_win_vc
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/App1
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/App2
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/App3
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/App4
        /Program Files/Astrocalc/App5

This is THE BEST approach IMHO.

>> Also, it's not recommended to set Path, it's a bad and lazy habbit, why?

>> Path can only have Len=1024 so there is risk of not enough len, solution to
>> put in beginning is also bad as you may push others out of the next,
>> resulting in errors. In System32 Path is automatic and it's faster too. I
>> put in subfolder though to keep it organized.
>
> I'm  very  doubt it is recommended by Microsoft to make the things this
> way.

And subfolder in system32 works?
Windows see our dlls there?

Okay, then this also can be acceptable way, and it simplify for you
installer making. No need take care on PATH.

>> Also do Vresourses folder also need to install?
>> You didn't answer, not needed?
>
> Surely not. There is no COM interfaces.

Ivan, Vcomponents/vresources folder IS REQUIRED.
It contains XML files with errors.
Valentina.Init() parse it on start.

I am sure that in WIKI/kernel/VComponents describe elements of this folder.