val office server - cannot connect

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 5 09:16:49 CST 2006

On 12/5/06 4:46 AM, "chris livermore" <chrisliv at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> Hi
> Would appreciate any help
> Cannot connect to server [our own in-house server].
> Client: Mac 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.3 & V4Rev_2 (can connect OK to standalone
> databases)
> Server: Mac Pro (Intel) 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.4 & V4Rev_2 & Valentina
> Studio 2.5 IP: 203.113.198.139

> Valentina_Office server is installed and running on the server
> (shows up as an 'inactive; process in the 'Monitor' app.

I do not see version info about Valentina Server.

1) check vserver.log file for this info.

    if you use Vstudio and V4REV 2.5 -
    vserver also must be 2.5

2) you can set in the ini file verboselevel = 3.
    see info about .ini file in the wiki/vserver section.

3) you can also run vserver from terminal to see log in the live mode.

4) first of all make you that you can run vserver and connect to it with
Vstudio 2.5

    Vstudio 2.5 must show your vserver right on start in thr first column,
    because 2.5 use Bonjour.