val office server - cannot connect

chris livermore chrisliv at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 5 13:46:01 CST 2006

Hi
Would appreciate any help
Cannot connect to server [our own in-house server].
Client: Mac 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.3 & V4Rev_2 (can connect OK to standalone
databases)
Server: Mac Pro (Intel) 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.4 & V4Rev_2 & Valentina
Studio 2.5 IP: 203.113.198.139
	Valentina_Office server is installed and running on the server
(shows up as an 'inactive; process in the 'Monitor' app.

When I try to connect from the client app it hangs/ times out, from
Val Studio (on server) it will not connect, I receive this error;
--------------
Connection could not be established
Kernel error: 0x82000
Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. Make sure the
server address and port number are correct.
Connection could not be established!
---------------
I thought it may have been a port issue, so have port forwarded
15432 ... still no good.

I'm using the Valentina Tutorial lesson 2 as an example script from
client. Custom property gClient HAS been set to true
---------------
ON openCard
     IF the gClient of this stack is true THEN
         get valentina_InitClient()
     ELSE
         get valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024 )
     END IF
     DatabaseCreate
     get DoFirst()
END openCard

ON closeCard
   DatabaseClose
   get valentina_ShutDown
END closeCard

ON DatabaseCreate
     IF the gClient of this stack is true THEN
     put VConnection_Constructor( "203.113.198.139", "sa", "sa") into
mConn
     get VConnection_Open( mConn )

     put VDatabase_Constructor( mConn ) into mDatabase
   ELSE
     put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase
   END IF

   get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, "Database22" )

   IF VDatabase_ErrNumber( mDatabase ) is not "0" THEN
     IF VDatabase_ErrNumber( mDatabase ) is not "532480" THEN
       get VDatabase_Create( mDatabase, "Database22", "kDscDatBlbInd" )
       CreateStructure
     ELSE
       answer VDatabase_ErrString( mDatabase )
       close the defaultstack
     END IF
   END IF

   put VDatabase_Table( mDatabase, "Person" ) into mPerson
   put VTable_Field( mPerson, "Name" )  into mName
   put VTable_Field( mPerson, "LName" )  into mLName
   put VTable_Field( mPerson, "BornDate" )  into mBornDate

END DatabaseCreate