Dump-Load dump and binary links

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sun Dec 3 13:17:14 CST 2006

Hi,

I wonder about dumps and binary links. Docs say about XML dump "XML dump is
very useful as it allows you to safely dump a database with ObjectPtr
fields.
On loading this information into a new database, Valentina will
automatically correct values
of ObjectPtr fields in related tables."

Is this true for binary links as well? I am thinking of a sceenario where I
have and original set of data records, which is binary linked in different
tables. User start out with this, then add own data (which my program creats
links for. Then something happen and he lose some of the original data and
need it back. Is it safe to load a Dump of this data, dispite the DB may
have changes?

There may also be a sceenario where I have some optional data set, user
start and decide to not use this data and add own records. Later he maybe
like to have this data anyway, is it then safe to Load Dump with this
(binary linked) data and actually ObjectPtr as well because RecID will no
longer be same?

Regards,
Joakim