Index by words and apostrophes

Pierre Rossel agora07 at prossel.com
Fri Dec 1 22:59:42 CST 2006

Hello Ruslan,

> I have CC your question to ICU list also to get the best answer.

I found you post on their archives. Thank you. It seems that it is a real
problem since "There is a pending request for ICU to provide French specific
behavior."

> What I think is:
>     Valentina give you access to 7-9 parameters of Locale.
>
> I think that if French have some special rules, then if you
> set correct
> settings, ICU will do correct job.

I have tried modifying all locale parameters (although not tested all
combinations), rebuilding the index each time and still can't find the word
that is after an apostrophe.

Even if there is a new ICU version with a fix, you probably won't integrate
it in 2.5 release. So I will just have to live with that.

Thank you for trying.

Pierre Rossel