Search in Text fields

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 31 23:13:30 CDT 2006

Hello,

What is the best way to configure a field and to query in order to do full
text search ?

To be able to find text with accentuated characters without having to enter
them correctly, I process the user search string to replace characters such
as e, é, è, ê... by [eéèê]. Is there a better way to do ?

I currently have a Text field and I am searching using REGEX (it seems that
LIKE is now case sensitive). There is one thing I cannot achieve. It is
searching a phrase of several words.

If data contains "Hello world, the sun is shining", searching with "WHERE
data REGEX '(?i)the sun'" wont return the record.

I have tried with all possible combination of index and indexByWords, but
none will work for searching a phrase. Could you provide a sample of a where
clause ?

Thank you.

Pierre Rossel

Using V4MD 2.4.1