[V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Aug 26 10:26:38 CDT 2006

>> What is VX?  Maybe I just haven't been following the mailing list :-)
>
> Shaun have NDA with Paradigma and access to our CVS
>
> Shaun is very cool C++ / ObjC developer and crazy on speed,
> even more than me :-)

Great stuff!  Have fun :-)  BTW, the graphs on that MacFOH user interface
are quite, quite beautiful.  Good work.

>> The big advantage of having the framework *just* inside my app is that it's
>> all in one place, and they can simply delete the application bundle and it's
>> gone.
>
> Dave,
>
> You have miss one point.
>
> Read again letter of Shaun, Apps contains COMPRESSED pkg of framework.
>
> So if user delete from /Library/Frameworks, then app self just install it
> back.

That's true.  But I'd rather not install anything in there, regardless of
whether the application can re-install it if it is deleted.

I really like the idea of the self-fixing application, and I can see this
being very useful for lots of users.  But for me, I would still rather have
the framework contained within my application and not installed anywhere
else.  It makes my support job easier, and means I know exactly what I have
shipped, and what they have installed.  Sorry!

So, if Valentina becomes a framework, *please* keep the option to have a
full copy of the framework inside the application bundle, *without* having
to install a copy into /Library/Frameworks/.

Dave.