[V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???

Shaun Wexler dev at macfoh.com
Fri Aug 25 04:51:20 CDT 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Shaun,
>
> You know that you think far far forward to most of us and tend to
> use very
> cool techniques.
>
> We need time to get used to your ideas. I think this will take few
> months...
>
> We need see your demo, then start play with one ADK (RB and Rev) for
> example...Later may be port to others.
>
> I can say that I VERY LIKE similar idea implemented in Revolution !!!
> I self already have few times did in Revolution just "upgrade to new
> version" and it have download and install new engine self
> transparently for
> me. And now my Revolution IDE contains few engine version in the
> same time.
> I can even switch between them. Looks impressive.

With "smart" plug-in framework loading code, the app would be weak-
linked to the framework, and use lazy binding at runtime.  With all
the ADK variants, I'm not sure how each one works, but I know how to
implement C/C++ and ObjC versions.

Also, an app could install the framework into its own bundle and link
to it from there, but that costs the rest of the system & apps which
might also need to use Valentina at the same time.

> Kiril, after this have say: may be we need such thing in Valentina
> Studio?
>
> Shaun push this  idea even future: integrate this into PLUGIN ADKs so
> Valentina developers will benefit from this also...

The way I see this is that each ADK language (RB, REV, ObjC) would be
provided to developers as a static library plus a plug-in wrapper.
The main body of Valentina.framework should contain all the necessary
hooks to support each language with a minimal amount of glue code
placed into the static libs, the net effect being a reduction of app
download size for app's shipped "lite".  There would be NO dylibs to
link into app projects, only the static lib, plus a Copy Files build
phase to embed the plugin.

> Sounds cool. But step by step :-)
>

> P.S. Btw Shaun, I have found where we can use that run-arrays in
> Valentina!
>      in indexes. Should produce more compact indexes. And what I
> like most
>     of all really ZERO overhead for this feature.

Glad to hear it.  I think that my "reverse-value" range technique is
even better than Apple's NSIndexSet implementation.  ;)

--
Shaun Wexler
MacFOH

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic." - Arthur C. Clarke