[V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 25 13:18:02 CDT 2006

On 8/25/06 11:19 AM, "Shaun Wexler" <dev at macfoh.com> wrote:

> Your preferences would be served exactly by the proposed method in my
> last email, where you'd simply include the Valentina.plugin in your
> application bundle.  One function added to your app would be called at
> startup to load the plug-in and cause Valentina.framework to be linked
> in, analogous to calling ValentinaInit() as we do currently, but with
> some glue in the form of moving that function into a static lib, so it
> would be completely transparent to your code.  All of the "framework
> those developers who wish to ship a "complete" packaged app, ie drag/
> drop install, they'd place the (downloadable) Valentina.pkg inside
> their embedded Valentina.plugin within the app bundle, and that-is-
> that.  The good news about this technique is that the actual
> Valentina.framework contained within the pkg is already compressed
> (and encrypted/signed), so the actual app footprint is further
> minimized.  The pkg would be installed if necessary (ie upon first app
> launch), and subsequent launches would simply use the installed
> framework from /Library/Frameworks.  If the user wiped his OS install
> and lost the framework in the process, the next launch of your app
> would reinstall it for them.  Nice, eh?  ;)

Shaun,

You know that you think far far forward to most of us and tend to use very
cool techniques.

We need time to get used to your ideas. I think this will take few months...

We need see your demo, then start play with one ADK (RB and Rev) for
example...Later may be port to others.

I can say that I VERY LIKE similar idea implemented in Revolution !!!
I self already have few times did in Revolution just "upgrade to new
version" and it have download and install new engine self transparently for
me. And now my Revolution IDE contains few engine version in the same time.
I can even switch between them. Looks impressive.

Kiril, after this have say: may be we need such thing in Valentina Studio?

Shaun push this  idea even future: integrate this into PLUGIN ADKs so
Valentina developers will benefit from this also...

Sounds cool. But step by step :-)

P.S. Btw Shaun, I have found where we can use that run-arrays in Valentina!
     in indexes. Should produce more compact indexes. And what I like most
    of all really ZERO overhead for this feature.