[V4RB] Macho VComponents folder is 22mb???

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 25 13:35:21 CDT 2006

On 8/25/06 1:20 PM, "Dave Addey" <listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Hi Shaun,
>
> Thank you for all of the explanations!  It all makes a lot of sense, and
> does sound very elegant.  It leaves me with one question, and an emerging
> opinion of the route I personally would take.  The question first:
>
> What is VX?  Maybe I just haven't been following the mailing list :-)

Shaun have NDA with Paradigma and access to our CVS

Shaun is very cool C++ / ObjC developer and crazy on speed,
even more than me :-)

He use Valentina sources to combine them in different way
to tease Valentina :-)

We all hope that his experiments will give cool additional into main
Valentina CVS.

Shaun already have push us to idea use ICU from OSX. So if you remember in
June I have spend about 2 weeks re-writing engine to use only C-methods from
ICU, instead of C++.

Also there are ideas improve Valentina using SSE for Intel CPU, and may be
EltiVec for PPC. Multi-threading of engine, and others..