Solved: How to install V4RB 2.4 on a Mac?

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Aug 12 07:24:29 CDT 2006

Lesson Learned: always wait with writing a mail after the coffee.

Had a look at the installer package with Pacifist, which said that
some files are missing. Then I had a look at the dmg file. Only the
first file is visible and two others are not. I grabbed the first
file and ignored the two with the data. Can't the installer give an
error message, when it can't find the two other files? Wouldn't it be
simpler to have one package file instead of three?

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Beatrix Willius <bwillius at gmx.de>
> Datum: 12. August 2006 06:56:12 MESZ
> An: valentina at lists.macserve.net
> Betreff: How to install V4RB 2.4 on a Mac?
>

> The installation of 2.4 doesn't do anything at all on my Mac (G5,
> Mac OS 10.4, RB 2006R3).
>
> - Installer started and run.
> - What did happen? Searched for Valentina but didn't find anything
> new.
> - Installer started again, read the installation bla bla.
> - Why do I have to quit Realbasic by hand??? And why can't this be
> mentioned where I really need it?
> - Installer run again. No dialog box to ask where the Realbasic
> plugin folder is.
> - Installer finished in a second. Says at the end "Installation
> successfull".
> - Nothing installed.
>
> Where is the installer log file? Where is the error message?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.