Problem compiling VSDK_Examples in VSDK C++ version 2.4

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Tue Aug 8 13:23:41 CDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 8/8/06 9:57 PM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:
>
>>> Please check this on your side. If the same just replace libs
>>
>> The project did indeed arrive using vshared_ppc_release.dylib,
>> but I replaced those with vshared_fat_release.dylib already.
>>
>> I am still having the problem.
>>
>> What next?
>
> I have upload morning 2.4.1 b1
>
> And send you a letter about this.
> You have not see it?
>
> In this build fixed VSDK examples.
>
> Why they was broken? Mystery...
> Look like project is very old...
> May be CVS glitch.

I have downloaded and installed the new VSDK_Examples, and now they
compile successfully.

In my own project, I get this link error:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
typeinfo for fbl::xException
typeinfo for fbl::BitSetIterator
typeinfo for fbl::File
symbol _ZN3fbl16GetStringFactoryEv.eh used from dynamic library /usr/
local/lib/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module) not
from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvclient_fat_release.dylib(single module)
symbol fbl::AllocByCopyU(unsigned short const*, long&)used from
dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module) not from earlier dynamic
library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/libvclient_fat_release.dylib
(single module)
symbol fbl::AllocAndCopyU(long, unsigned short const*, long)used from
dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module) not from earlier dynamic
library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/libvclient_fat_release.dylib
(single module)
symbol fbl::GetStringFactory()      used from dynamic library /usr/
local/lib/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module) not
from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvclient_fat_release.dylib(single module)
symbol _ZN3fbl20init_ustdio_pointersEv.eh used from dynamic library /
usr/local/lib/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module)
not from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvclient_fat_release.dylib(single module)
symbol fbl::init_ustdio_pointers()      used from dynamic library /
usr/local/lib/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module)
not from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvclient_fat_release.dylib(single module)
symbol _InitBackpointers used from dynamic library /usr/local/lib/
vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib(single module) not from
earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
libvclient_fat_release.dylib(single module)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am continuing to work on it, but can you think of anything obvious
that would cause something like this?

- Matthew