Searching in a cursor

Carsten Friehe rblists at online.de
Tue Aug 8 20:06:30 CDT 2006

Hi!

I have a question regarding searching in a cursor. Maybe someone has an Idea.
I have the following:
A cursor which selects eg. 6000 rows (all messages in a newsgroup). This is
sorted by Threads. This cursor is shown with Einhugurs great DataGrid (this
is really great!). One record is selected and shown in the Messagewindow.
Now the user wants to sort the cursor (newsgroup) by eg. the name of the
sender. So I change the where clause and get the result in the cursor.
But how can I find the last selected record to jump to this record and
display it selected inside the DataGrid?
Is the only possibility I have to recognize the rowid and search it in the
new cursor, record by record?
Or is there another great possibility to find that record in no time?

I am using V4RB 1.11 because I didn't had the time to change everything to
V4RB 2.x.

Best Regards,
Carsten