Valentina for Revolution 2.4.1 to be redesigned a little

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 8 12:46:04 CDT 2006

Hi Revolution developers.

After Fred question about new deploy model, I have realize that we have not
test this issue.

Yesterday we have play all day on MAC and WIN... And at morning we make
decision, we need redesign a little V4REV to satisfy Revolution.

Problem is next:

* New Revolution 2.7.2 introduce new structure of folders for external and
db drivers.

* Right now we have made installer which do:

    Externals
         dbvalentina2.bundel        << alias to below lib.
         Database Drivers
               dbvalentina2    << real library

* we have made this alias mainly because if make 2 copies of the same
library, then IF your stack use Valentina in both ways: AS external and AS
db driver then Revolution will load dll 2 times. This cause problems.

* So this configuration did work fine until you work in IDE.

* Now when we try to build Executable, Revolution copies inside of App
package the DLL and Alias, but Ops, alias point to old position. Problem is
that we use unix alias - hard link. Exists also MacOS native alias, but
Revolution is not able to work with such alias.

---------------------------
SOLUTION:

We have ask self, why Valentina for Revolution have this problem, while
others no?

Reason is obvious. Because Valentina want and is able play 2 roles:
    a) as simple external of Revolution
    b) as db driver.

So we right now start redesign it in next way:

* we will have 2 different dlls:

    1) v4rev.bundle    - external, contains Valentina native API
    2) dbvalentina2    - db driver, that also links to v4rev.bundle.

In this way we do not need aliases.
Each entity will present in its own location.