V4REV 2.4 archive fixed. Deployment build

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 7 11:52:03 CDT 2006

On 8/7/06 10:33 AM, "medips" <medips at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Fred,

> Please, can you summarize the installation processes for V4REV under
> MacOSX and Win32 for the two following situations:
> (1) local DB access: is it what you just updated?

Yes, I have fix V4REV 2.4 archive.
Actually problems was with V4REV external itself...

> (2) client-server: I guess server installation as stated in the
> server docs, client as in (1)?

Yes, VServer is SEPARATE archive, it have own installer,
And it installs into separate folder.

    /Library/VServer_Office

> What about the VComponent we had to drag ourself in the Revolution
> application Content folder under MacOSX? Should we remove it and run
> the new 2.4 installer?

Yes new design put VComponents into
    /usr/local/lib

So yes you need remove old VComponents folder.

------------------------------------
On this page you can read new step on deployment - run of script.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:v4rev:manual:deployment

Ak! Now I see that we need yet fix in V4REV paths itself..

Guys, so revolution is able build package. Does it have any ability right
after build run some POST build script (like this have e.g. xcode) ?

Okay, in nearest time we need try automate maximally this build step.

> A "how to do a clean V4REV local versus client and server
> installation" is required, thanks.

Sorry, I have not understand this question.