V4RB/Vserver 241b1 Testing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 7 09:36:36 CDT 2006

On 8/7/06 4:32 AM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Russ,
Hi All,

On http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta

You can find 2.4.1 b1 builds for
    Vserver Office (not Embedded) mac
    V4RB MAC and MACHO

Russ, have test these builds. His comments are below.

To remind. This new build includes:

1) for CARBON vclient dropped usage of GUSI library that have emulate POSIX
sockets, instead now are used direct calls to OS X sockets.

2) optimized calls of get_DefautValue() to server

3) fixed RegisterDatabase()

> Ruslan,
>
> I tested my production app in V4RB 241b1 on Vserver 241b1.
>
> The PEF/Carbon format configuration worked great!  Interaction with Vserver
> was as fast as 2.3 or faster!  Moving to the POSIX sockets was a wonderful
> improvement over 240.  Thank you!
>
> I did find one bug, possibly two in the Mach-o configuration of 241b1 on OS
> X.
>
> It appears that if I set a DateField to a particular date using the syntax
> of: vcursor.Datefield("mydate").Year = 2006, Datefield("mydate").Month = 8,
> etc. that it is corrupted when  vCursor.UpdateRecord() is called.
> Subsequently, if values of that field are retrieved, the values are
> incorrect.

Note, it is not best do vcursor.Datefield("mydate") few times.

better:

    dim fld as VDate

    fld = vcursor.Datefield("mydate")

    fld.Year =
    fld.Month =
    fld.Day =

> It also appears that the same thing may be happening on Stringfields...but
> the string issue does not seem to be consistent...I will check this further.
>
> Note: The above situations *only* happens using the Mach-O plugin with a
> stand-alone app!  The Carbon format plugin works great.

This is in local or client mode? Or both ?