Collection Object

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Wed Aug 2 19:19:27 CDT 2006

Am 02.08.2006 um 17:49 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

>>> okay

>>> Philip! :-)
>>>
>>> And here you have describe nothing else as solution based on
>>> inheritance
>>> which I also have show 1-2 days ago. Please find my letter.
>>>
>>> * We have some ROOT table  == NSObject
>>>
>>> * Tables T1 T2 T3 are inherited from this table.
>>
>> What do they inherit?
>
> Class T1 : public NSObject
> {
> }
>
> What it inherit ?
>
>     * Some RTTI ?
>     * Ability to be NSObject
>
> Right?

In the dynamic environment/program, they inherit the functionality of
NSObject, which consists of about 150 methods, depending on the
linked libraries.
And again: Not important for collections. I can add to a collection
object an object, that is not inheriting from NSObject and it would
work without a hick. I just have to implement -retain and -release
(btw, I do that all the time, when I add my proxies and faults to
diverse collection objects) or I take a version of NSSet, that
doesn't send these method callbacks.

> The same for tables:
>
>     CREATE TABLE T1 inherit NSObject

Yes, but that's the static part of a program. Except if you configure
dynamic things, like triggers or the-like, I don't see the connection
to the collection problem. But anyway, in no way I want to proof you
wrong!!! I just don't want, that you go in a wrong direction for
solving my only obstacle I have with Valentina so far: Collections.

Kind regards
Phil