[V4MD] LIKE search

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 27 22:29:03 CDT 2006

On 4/27/06 7:49 PM, "Martin Wright" <martin at kinetix.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not too familiar with RegEx. Is this the only way to do wildcard searches?
> If so, where can I find some examples?
> I've given example of the current SQL below.
>

> SELECT *
> FROM tbl_subsections, tbl_chapters
> WHERE (((tbl_subsections.subsection_name <> 'ss1')
> AND (tbl_subsections.subsection_type <> 'bibliography'))
> AND ((tbl_subsections.content_xml LIKE 'dermis' no_case)))
> ORDER BY tbl_chapters.chapter_num, tbl_subsections.heading_txt
>
> I need to search for the exact term 'dermis' unless the user types in
> 'dermis*'.

But then most easy way

 AND ((tbl_subsections.content_xml = 'dermis' )))

Is this okay?

Although you also do no_case ... In Valentina 2 you'd simple set collation
to ignore case.

If think about LIKE:

Note, in V1 LIKE (which in fact is REGEX) ignore index

REGEX SYNTAX:

\b    matches the empty string at the beginning or end of a word - anchoring
the pattern to any word boundary.

  AND ((tbl_subsections.content_xml LIKE '\bdermis\b' no_case )))