[V4MD] LIKE search

Martin Wright martin at kinetix.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 17:49:41 CDT 2006

I'm not too familiar with RegEx. Is this the only way to do wildcard searches?
If so, where can I find some examples?
I've given example of the current SQL below.

SELECT *
FROM tbl_subsections, tbl_chapters
WHERE (((tbl_subsections.subsection_name <> 'ss1')
	AND (tbl_subsections.subsection_type <> 'bibliography'))
	AND ((tbl_subsections.content_xml LIKE 'dermis' no_case)))
ORDER BY tbl_chapters.chapter_num, tbl_subsections.heading_txt

I need to search for the exact term 'dermis' unless the user types in 'dermis*'.

Thanks
Martin