collating multiple databases

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 26 23:48:42 CDT 2006

On 4/26/06 11:30 PM, "Shaun Wexler" <dev at macfoh.com> wrote:

>>     db3 = new Vdatabase( srv )
>>     db4 = new Vdatabase( srv )
>
> Is there an easy way to execute the same search simultaneously across
> multiple databases, and retrieve one set of filtered results?

> Or does this require post-processing to filter the result sets from each
> database?

Let's clarify... To multiple databases where?

* on the same HDD under the same Vserver?
or
* located on different Vservers?

I think you CAN self run queries to REMOTE dbs in separate threads. So it is
up to you.

Queries to Vserver also can be done in separate threads, but result will
depend on how it schedule work...