MacFOH

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 26 20:58:33 CDT 2006

On 4/26/06 8:31 PM, "Shaun Wexler" <dev at macfoh.com> wrote:

Hi Shaun,

> Is is possible for me to get a copy of the kernel and other libraries
> built as a static lib (.a) instead of dylib or framework?

Problematic. But why? Reading...

> It would simplify things for my particular implementation.

> Although I copy  macfohd and other executables into the main application's
> package for  MacFOH and MacFOH Remote, during development I instruct launchd
> to  use the development-build paths in my Xcode built products folder and
> relaunch it upon each build.
>
> Also, not having to make an Installer  bundle and place the components of
> Valentina in /usr/lib would allow  me to keep the all-in-one aspect of the
> MacFOH drag-and-drop install,  and also when a user blindly reinstalls their
> OS and destroys /usr/ lib, it would not break MacFOH's database functions.  ;)

Actually all is simpler.

1) when you develop you have VComponents located in
    /usr/local/lib/VComponents

    this allow your debug build find and use all Valentina dlls
    without any problems. Right?

2) WHEN you will be ready to deploy your RELEASE you do 2 simple steps,
    and of course you can put on script:

    - copy /usr/local/lib/Vcomponents to yourapp/contents/VComponents

    - run script which is located in our VComponents folder
        to change executable path

Now you have normal MacOS Application which you can deploy to users by drag
and drop.