Valentina question,

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 26 01:26:22 CDT 2006

On 4/26/06 12:13 AM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

> Ok I think I got most of it, just need to pounder on which implementasion to
> go for, but that's a decision I can take along the way as I test it.
>
> Just 2 more things or 2 1/2,
>
> Are the implementation in my program the same, if I go for single client or
> client/server, I mainly mean the coding in a general sense?

yes

> I understand there probably are a few more things to do with a client/server
> model. Also, which of the 3 differnet db models valentina offer would you
> recommend for VB6 apps?

VCOM can use SQL and API ways.
VNET also can use Classes way.

> I am familiar with the relational model, althoug I mostly just

Ah, you ask about DB models...

> have worked with M$ Access for desktops, but MySql together with PHP for web
> apps - My SQL is a bit rusty though so have to fresh that up.

> Tsunami which I use now is not relational in any sense, although it's possible
> to create it by own coding which I have done, but it affects performance which
> is not good.

> The binary link model looks cool, but how hard is it to "catch" and
> implement in comparison with relational? Does the coding as such differs
> much?

One developer have told about binary links:
    wow! So easy! So powerful!

Note, Object-Relational model still IS relational model PLUS something more.
You can start with relational model, then start use some Valentina features.

> Another thing, currently I am interested in COM to use with VB6 as I think
> RB isn't quite ready yet, but my perspective is that it will be in a year or
> two, when I plan to ditch VB in favour of it. Well I may get it before to
> get warm, but not for my main apps. Anyhow, will it be possible to "replace"
> VDN COM with VDN RealBasic when it's time to extend the maintainance or will
> I have to cash out another $599 instead of $200 (or what ever these sums
> will be then) in such case?

It hard plan something and promise for 2 years :)

* In worse case you will need just add $199 ADK

* but important to note, that with Valentina Server you can use ANY
Valentina ADK as client for FREE.

i.e. You purchase VDN + COM, but then at any time download V4RB or VPHP
    and use that ADKs with your Valentina Servers as clients.