Specifying the location of the valentina libraries

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 18 01:24:40 CDT 2006

On 4/17/06 11:50 PM, "Brendan Murphy" <bmurf at comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Brendan,

> The current method for storing valentina libraries in the
> application folder is inadequate. In imposes upon the developer a
> set location for the libraries. What I would like to see is an
> optional parameter on the valentina init method that would allow
> us to specify where to look for the valentina libraries. This
> would allow us to create a sub-folder within the application
> folder to store the libraries thus making everything nice and tidy.

1) as for PEF so for MACHO applications you CAN create Apple Package.
    so all VComponents files will be hidden inside of that.

    if you do not know how, please check our docs, archive of this
    and beta list...

    I am going add this info to WIKI right tomorrow I think.

2) it is not so easy put files into subfolder.
    MAC OS and Windows will not be able load dlls from them.
    in old behaviro.

MACHO dlls now can be tuned for any location.

Windows XP also have not Manifest technology - but we have not learn it
deeply yet...