[V4RB] 2.x Carbon/Mach-O Plugin Reqs

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 12 19:01:11 CDT 2006

On 4/12/06 6:10 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 4/13/06 12:45 AM, "Dave Addey" <listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruslan,
>>
>> I have just tried building the MachO version of our app, using the MachO
>> plugin (V4RB_Macho.rbx), and copying the MachO Vcomponents folder into the
>> built application's package (to /Contents/VComponents/).  The application
>> runs fine for me without the Failed Assertion mentioned below.
>
> Thank you, David,
>
> Russ, then may be you have forget copy VComponents Macho folder inside of
> App package?

We are narrowing it down.

With Apr 9 modified Mach-o plugin and associated vComponents folder, I can
build stand-alone app ok.

I then copy Mach-o Vcomponents into /contents/ of RB built package.

I double-click package.

App tries to connect to vServer, but gets demo timeout exception from
Vserver when I connect. (Also, error appears in Vserver log. Exception Error
628000.)

I then change source code to look at identical db file in desktop mode (not
server) , compile, add mach-o vcomponents again and it runs fine. No errors.

Switch out plugins from Mach-o to Carbon and same app works fine every time,
whether seeking Vserver connection or local db connection.

But...how can vServer know whether I'm using Carbon or Mach-o plugin?

Dave, are you connecting to Vserver or desktop db?

***

So it is not possible to debug in RB IDE with mach-o plugin with mach-o
target build?  Because the debug package will not have Mach-o vcomponents
folder in it?  If that's true, it will answer one mystery for me. I had
asked about that in an earlier email today.

Russ