[ANN] Valentina 2.3 Released

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Tue Apr 11 20:20:43 CDT 2006

Hi,

Am 11.04.2006 um 18:58 schrieb REAL News:

> Valentina 2.3 includes a dramatic leap forward in speed for
> database JOINS
> (including data from two or more database tables) with a new
> breakthrough
> algorithm. In a comparative analysis in base configurations between
> Valentina and MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows, on joins of 5,000,000 and
> 20,000,000 record test databases, Valentina was between 2-6 times
> faster
> than MS SQL Server. Based on file structural differences of even
> larger
> databases, Valentina 2.3 can be 50-100 times faster or more (MS
> Server,
> mySQL, PostGre, SQLite and Oracle have the same file based
> limitations),
> depending on the record size of a table.

is this the step from 2.2 to 2.3 or is this the opinion from V4RB 1.X
to V4RB 2.X?

IMHO is V4RB2 not faster than V4RB 1.X and I can't see that 2.3 is
faster than 2.2....

I hope I will get a very bif SpeedDump when RB is able to make
Universal Binaries.

bye

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2006r2/ Valentina 2.3
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de