changing database path in master.vdb

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:12:51 CST 2005

I was just wondering if there was anyway to debug VServer so that I
can find out what path is being set when accessing a database on a
network path.  Is it possible there's some bug that's keeping the
path from getting set correctly, which means VServer is not able to
open the database, which would cause the error 3?  I looked up some
information on file.open() and could not find anything indicating
that it doesn't work using a network path.  So this should work, but
it's not unfortunately.

I have played around a little more and find that if I have VServer
hosted on a Mac OS X machine, with my database actually located on a
Windows share, I can connect just fine that way.  So why wouldn't it
work when VServer is hosted on a Windows machine?  Has no one ever
tried this?  I did discover that it works fine if the database is on
the local hard drive but outside the main Databases folder. No error
occurs.  It just doesn't work when the database is stored on some
network path.

Any other ideas?

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> Is there any way to find out what path VServer is using to connect to
>> a database?  Is it possible there's some bug that's causing the file
>> path to not get set correctly?  If I could find that out, I could
>> hack it in master.vdb so the path would be correct.  This is only for
>> one customer right now, so as long as we could make it work, that'd
>> be fine.
>>

> I have not catch question...
>
> May be try to use Register Database ?
> Although I think also will be problems.
>
> I have not catch, what problems keep db on Windows?

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company
http://www.readnaturally.com