Conversion Question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 26 14:36:48 CDT 2005

On 10/26/05 1:04 PM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

> I've got data out of an old Visual FoxPro database that I'm
> interested in moving to a Valentina Class-Way type database.

ok

> I'm procuring Valentina Studio to assist in this activity.
> What do you recommend as the best process to:

> [1] Move the data over. [Note: Data is currently stored in a series
> of FileMaker Pro data files; one file per table of the VFP database
> structure.]

> [2] Establish the links in Valentina as a class-way format.

So you ask about Structure of Database?

1) Please note, link and Class-way are different things.
Links exists for each way, Sql, Api, Class.

2) you can at first creat in Valentina structure like in old db.
    then import data.

 and only after this you can use VObjectPtr.ConvertRDB() method
 or SQL command CONVERT RDB to convvert Relational FK to ObjectPtr links.

It is harder produce binary links. It needs write some loops to link records
using binary links using existed relational links. After this relational
links can be deleted.